Thursday, September 18, 2008

Preparing for Road Runner

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've run that much since dwd. Not a big surprise. I believe I took a week off after the race, but I can't remember. When I started up again I felt good and I had a couple nice 45-1hr runs.

Why has the weather been perfect lately with no humidity on the days that I don't really feel like running? Dangit! The past couple of days I debated running and knew I should but I just couldn't make myself, so I didn't. Hopefully I'll go this afternoon.

I'm looking forward to this race. I haven't run a "big" race in awhile and it'll be fun with a lot of runners and bands and fans and all that good stuff. I bet I'll be more sore from running 26.2 miles on pavement than the 100k on trail.

Speaking of, here's a video of the marathon course:


Since Chris is unfortunately suffering from a huge arm that looks like a lobster claw that's infected with poison ivy and filled with puss, I'm going to this race alone. Chris and I have done every race together this year except this one. Sooo....I'll be a little bored and lonely on the long 5 hr drive and I'll be forced to stay awake while doing so.

Also since I'm driving alone, I have to find all of the directions myself and know how to navigate around good ole Akron, OH. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but this has seriously been the biggest challenge for me. I always hate trying to navigate by myself and I hate looking at maps. Usually Chris does all of this junk.

I literally spent 2 1/2 hrs this morning figuring out how to get to the race expo, then to the race parking area, then knowing how to avoid blocked off streets, then directions to the start line, then back to the parking spot from the finish line...then to the store that gives you free shoes, although the store's located on the actual path of the race...ay ay ay. I think I finally have everything planned out. I hate getting lost so please wish me luck that I survive.

Speaking free shoes, this race actually gives you a free pair of Brooks shoes if you finish the race in under 6 hrs. Sweet. They even happen to have the exact same pair I always run with anyway- Adrenaline GTS. Josh always says they're not free since you pay $x for the race but oh well, I'm still happy.

I'm hoping for some good weather and a great race....

2 comments:

Alan said...

Good luck at the marathon - have a great time!

Clara said...

Thanks Alan! I'm going to try to get some good sleep this week in preparation.