Friday, July 16, 2010

A Jacked up Morning

Last night I worked part of third shift and went to bed at 2am; woke up at 5am to go bike/run with the b-n-law, Jon. It was gonna be the first run since the race. I was super tired this morning and did not feeling like going but I did. When we started out biking, I was going super slow for some reason and I couldn't keep up. I was confused because my legs weren't sore at all but my bike wouldn't go anywhere.

When we got to the canal to run, I just assumed I hadn't fully recovered yet from last weekend and so I opted out of the run. I slowly rode my bike next to Jon while he ran 3 miles and then we got on our bikes again to go home.

Well I'll be danged; my back tire had gone all the way flat and I couldn't ride it more than a half mile. That was the dumb reason I couldn't bike on the way up. It sucks that it affected my mentality and made me think I couldn't run...so I missed out on a workout.

So, we locked up my bike on the canal and Jon was nice and let me ride his bike home while he ran home. When I got home, I grabbed my dad's van and went back downtown to go get the bike....then I went to sleep.

I felt like I wasted 1 1/2 hours this morning since I didn't even break a sweat, and then I missed out on some good sleep, too. Poor me.

No comments: