Monday, November 22, 2010

Last Week's Recap/ This Week's Mileage

Every Monday Jon and I talk about our great plans for our mileage that week and then as the week progresses, it always ends up that either we can't run all six days as planned or we can't run as much due to whatever reason. Usually one of Jon's kids wakes up a ton during the night and then he's too tired, or our alarm doesn't go off, or I have to go in early at work....

So last week we wanted to run 55 miles for the week, which included a 15 mile run on Saturday. It turned out both of us got sick (along with a million other people) and so we only ran two-three days and then only 10 miles on Saturday. It stinks. So after our 10 mile run on Saturday, I knew I wanted to get in more miles than 28 for the week so I made myself run another 12 that afternoon, which brought me to 40 miles.

Then yesterday morning I actually woke up to my alarm before church at 7am and was planning on running 10 miles. I freaking got dressed, got my water and went outside and started to run. When I got about one-two minutes into it I decided I just didn't feel like running so I turned back around, went home and got back into bed. I'm lazy!!!

I told myself I'd run in the afternoon...then I said I'd run in the evening after the Colts' game (sniff, sniff) and then I just didn't do it. It's hard to make myself get more miles in when I don't have any upcoming races yet. Darnit.

So this morning Jon and I planned out the week as such: eight miles today; tomorrow I'm off work so we each bet that we have to run eight miles on our own or pay a whopping dollar for each mile we miss; Wednesday 10 miles; Thursday 10 miles; Friday 15 miles; Saturday is unknown and may just be a make-up day. Let's hope we make it!

4 comments:

The Seven Zolls said...

Do you run outside all winter? Getting in the miles in the winter is tough. I HATE treadmills but I almost as equally hate freezing my butt off (unless it's a race). I about have to have a race planned for early in the year to keep me motivated to keep my miles up.

Clara said...

Yep, I run outside even though it usually sucks. I hate putting on a million layers but sometimes the cold air is nice and refreshing...

The Seven Zolls said...

Speaking of cold air. You mentioned you were under the weather last week that kept you from running. Get this one. About the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. My miles got limited this week because of my tooth.
I made a rockin frozen pizza, went to take my first bite & burned the top of my mouth behind my front teeth. Bad enough that it got to the nerves in my front teeth and made them VERY sensitive . Cold air and sensitive teeth don't mix.

Clara said...

I'm sorry but that is freakin hilarious and sounds really painful.