Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No Training...

Man, no matter how many months in-between races I go I'm on a continuous "tapering" schedule. I've only run a few times since Gnaw Bone and Mohican is sooo close. I've been keeping up with the P90x stuff but that leaves little time (more like desire) to run. I'll probably keep doing the P90x for another week and a half and then stop so I don't overdo it.

Yesterday I ate a bunch of chocolate, napped for an hour, then tried running a measly six miles in 88 degrees. Ugh; I stopped once for water and almost puked and considered turning back home. That chocolate needed a lot more time to digest.

I'm sitting here at work debating running right now...I'd like to get in another six miles but the temp is not cooling down. :( Help!

5 comments:

Chief Tim said...

Ah! I would be dead doing P90X and running! How's the diet going minus the chocolate binge?? I checked that girls site that you linked...she's pretty cool!

Brian said...

All this complaining about "should i run?" - just play some damn Frisbee so we have enough daggone people!

Clara said...

Hola Tim! The diet is going well overall, but it's the hardest when there's get-togethers and such with all that junk food that I wanna eat. We're told that you notice results after a month or so and so it'll be interesting to see what happens this month...

Caca Brian! I'm never on the emails.

Theia said...

ooof... I'm reading this as I stuff a chocolate bar into my face!

Createliveblog said...

Ya know, I find that when I do p90x or insanity consistently, my desire to run goes down - because it feels like it will be a bore compared to a guy on the tv ordering me around (which, almost always, proves to be false once the feet hit the pavement)

Carly