Monday, February 4, 2008

Gettin Stronger- Slowly but Surely

Well...I think my trail runs/hill workouts/and sprints are finally paying off. For the past couple of weeks, I have averaged about 7:30 minute miles for my 3-4 mile runs. The distance isn't very far, but the crazy thing is that when I'm running those miles- I seriously think and feel like I'm running 8 or 9 minute miles.

Yesterday I went out to run just a few miles and as I was running I thought "ahh...I'll just go nice and easy at a slow pace". I looked at my watch after one mile and it was 7:20- and I kept that pace up for the other two miles.

It's crazy because just like 1-2 months ago, I was running a 9-10:30 minute pace and that was normal. Usually on my sprint workouts it would be a goal to run a mile under 8 minutes. Now I'm doing that on my regular running day without even trying. That's a very nice feeling.

I now kind of wish that I was going to run the "Last Chance for Boston" marathon this month to try to qualify for Boston in April. Oh well- next year.

No comments: