Thursday, July 9, 2009

Pretty Feet

I finally went to get a pedicure yesterday for the first time. Ahhhhh, why haven't I done that sooner? You go in and sit in a huge king-like chair that massages you, and then you put your feet in a warm bubbly thing of water...AND you get to read those good gossip magazines that you never buy for yourself. Nice.

I felt so bad for the poor guy who had to touch and stare at my nasty feet. I literally had about 10 places where my skin was torn off from old blisters. Gross. I gave him a good amount of disclaimers before he started.

When he first took off my nail polish, half of my big toe was black and he said it was nail fungus. I thought it was just a bruise from running but he said nope. Well that's even grosser then- I have some funky stuff growing in there.

So after my feet felt all soft and nice and free of the majority of the calluses, I went to Walmart and headed to the feet aisle. It totally felt like a Seinfeld episode or something...the only items in the aisle where I was for fungus treatment. There were these two guys behind me talking and they were probably wondering what kind of disease I have. Hmm.

Anyway, I may just get away without wearing my fake toenails this summer. We'll see.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought I was the ONLY one who constantly apologizes when I get a pedicure?! Sometimes I don't think it's even worth it!

Are there really such things as fake toenails and WHERE do you buy those? Walmart!?

Nick B said...

You see my feet, Clara? Think a pedicure would cure me?!?!?!? Now go cure that fungus!

Clara said...

Meg- Haha. The fake toenails are at any store- Walmart, Target, whatever. They look kind of funny but they're way better than my regular toenails; and if you paint them, it's even better. Get ya some!

Nick- I saw your feet pictures and was so proud. And a pedicure probably wouldn't do anything for you. :)

sparlingville bill said...

Sra Clarita,
A los tiempos que no se le lee algo nuevo de ti. Estas de vacaciones? Yo tenia la idea de que corredoras nunca salieron de vacaciones. Apura con tu respuesto.