Thursday, December 11, 2008

4 Short Miles

When I'm at work, I always think about running when I get home. After driving 45 minutes from work to home, I always just want to sleep and not run at all. My mindset always changes and I think, "Ahhh...screw it. Why do I care about running?".

So that's what happened yesterday- I felt obligated to run but also wanted to sleep because #1, I have a cold and #2, sleep always sounds great. I comprimised and ended up sleeping a little bit and then I headed out to the park.

I ended up running 4 measly miles around the park (32:34) and I was happy I did so. I'm trying, slowly but surely, to actually start moving my body and getting outside. It wasn't even cold out...and I was just wearing a cotten shirt and jacket. I have no excuse.

I hope that if I continue to write about my little "training" runs then I'll be motivated to keep on going and getting faster. Hopefully I'll have good news for tomorrow's post!!!

3 comments:

Josh said...

that's four more measly miles than I've run since Saturday :) I like your new blogger header, that's a great picture! You're right, sleep does always sound good...

Brian said...

I know the feeling. Winter does suck. My friend Jim sends out an email titled "Quote of the Day" each day and I thought you might like this one...

"Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Clara said...

Thanks, Josh. If I start running then you better start running...so don't leave me hanging.

Brian- I do like that quote, thanks. It reminded me of someone saying something like, "if it was easy, we'd all do it" or "if there was no challenge, we wouldn't enjoy it aftewards" or something to that affect...
Work is supposed to be hard because it's work.
Anyway- you get the idea. :)