Thursday, June 5, 2008

Calorie Intake

According to my co-runners, you burn apx 100 calories per mile that you run (on flat surface, that is). Sooo on the hills and random roots , I could potentially be burning about 6800 calories or something. Chris says that's only 67 medium potatoes. Nice.

See Medium Potatoe Calorie Content.

A lot of times they (the aid stations during ultras) do have potatoes for you to eat, but I've never tried them. Eating a big potatoe does NOT sound appetizing during a race. It seems like because it's so big and starchy and dry, it would just sit in your stomach the whole time. Maybe I'll try it for a 100 mile race.

All of this to say that I have been eating like CRAP these past 1 1/2 weeks and knowing I'll be burning a crap load of calories on Saturday makes me feel a little bit better. I was eating really healthily (?) the past few months, then all of a sudden (after Lent) I started eating my favorite Wendys vanilla frostys and became addicted again. Once I start eating that junk then I no longer crave vegetables, but rather other junk food like pizza and hamburgers. Ay ay ay. Hopefully after this weekend I'll get back on track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.... addicted to Frosty's? I know some good 12-step Recovery Groups for those whose drug of choice is Frosty milk shakes. Please . . . get help!!!!! Your family loves you.

Clara said...

It's going right to the thighs!

(That's gross)