Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sluggish Training

I had a wonderful week+ break of not running last week. I was tempted to run a little bit but decided not to push it and I knew my poor toes could use a break.

I ran last Monday for just 1.5 miles and boy did it suck. I felt sluggish and slow the whole time. AND for the first time my Achilles Heel surprisingly hurt a little bit, too.

That's a gross picture. It looks like the tendon is ripping open- yuck.

Well...I may be a little overconfident but I'm not worried about it right now. I think it was like that from the last race and I just needed to walk it out (or something). Dangit. I just read an article that said I shouldn't ignore the pain. Ahh well. What's "Dr. Foot" know anyway?

I probably won't run again until tomorrow and unfortuately it's tempting to take another couple weeks off running. Next race isn't until August.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Great job on the 100K at Kettle! I hear the conditions were brutal! I loved the pics of your toenails :) Hope recovery is going well!

Clara said...

Thanks!

That makes two of us who actually like my toenails- Ha!