Saturday, April 25, 2009

11.5 Mile Run---10 More Miles! Challenge

I've been very surprised that this past week my legs have been feeling achey...not one particular muscle group sore but an overall heavy-feeling. I didn't end up running yesterday because of being so tired. I think last week's trip and lack of sleep is catching up to me.

I just now kicked myself in the butt because this is the last weekend in April and I have yet to run 40 miles for April's Ten More Miles! challenge. I was halfway planning on running 40 this morning but I slept past my 4am, 4:30am and 5am alarm clock and woke up at 8am. Dangit. I'm leaving out of town soon and so I didn't have six hours to go run. I don't want to drop out so soon because in May I'll be running 50 miles at Gnawbone and in June I'll be running 60 miles during my 100m Mohican race. If I hadn't won yet I'd probably have to drop out in July. Perhaps I'll get it in this week still but I doubt it.

So anyway, I ran 11.5 miles this morning and it wasn't the greatest. My legs were feeling tired and it was 70+ degrees out and blah blah blah. Oh well! More to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't drop so soon too! I will be waiting to hear!